Circus WOW is a not for profit Incorporated Association in NSW (INC9890133). Incorporated in September 2008. The Association consists of a group of members and an elected Management Committee.
Our motto is ‘Ordinary Women doing the Extraordinary’.
Our classes are open to women of all fitness levels, abilities, shapes and ages. We offer a variety of classes in aerials, hoops, acrobatics. Circus workshops as well as performance opportunities are also part of our program. Periodically, WOW offers public and outreach workshops. WOW can assist with your projects if you need trainers or performers.
Please contact us, if you have any queries or are interested in participating.
Circus WOW’s Vision
WOW is a creative community supporting women to do the extraordinary.
Our purpose statement is:
We achieve our vision by cultivating an environment where women of all ages and backgrounds can participate and explore their potential.
We offer training and development in physical performance and production skills that are artistically challenging while remaining supportive, and non competitive.
We present innovative and dynamic circus and physical theatre performances and workshops for the wider community that reflect ideas of social change and feminism in its diverse forms.
Our objectives are to:
- Reaffirm women’s control over their bodies.
- Build self-esteem through physical & performance work.
- Allow women to set their own goals for development.
- Create a safe, non-competitive environment for women to work, play and explore their potential.
- Enable women of different ages, abilities, shapes & sizes to come together.
- Create theatre events of social change & feminism in an entertaining, innovative and challenging way.
- Establish outreach programs to regional & rural women and their communities
- Develop a variety of skills within our membership.
- Establish a women’s circus/ physical theatre company in the Illawarrra area, which will provide ongoing community based & professional performance opportunities.
The WOW factor
creativity – community – engagement – participation – collaboration – transformation